We’ve got quite a few major developments to look forward to in 2017 that will provide even more value and benefit to our tenants.
- First, our Phase 1 Development will continue with the opening of the Houston Spaceport Innovation Lab, where STEM companies will have the ability to work seamlessly with one another to create a truly collaborative campus.
- We’ve also begun construction on a new control tower for Ellington Airport that includes dedicated mission control facilities for commercial spaceflight operators. This marks the first of it’s kind and provides unique advantages for companies based at the spaceport.
- New projects, like the 130,000 square foot Lone Star Flight Museum, bring a range of aviation endeavors to Ellington’s campus.
- A full-length taxiway, planned for 2017, will run parallel to runway 4-22 and provide airside access to the spaceport’s hangars and aprons, ultimately providing design-to-flight capabilities for our tenants.
- Finally, Ellington Airport is actively pursuing a Foreign Trade Zone designation, making it easier and more commercially viable for international companies to do business at the spaceport while promoting American competitiveness.